Here’s a look at the humanitarian situation in Pakistan:
- Pakistan’s poverty rate has dropped significantly over more than a decade
- Nearly 13% of the population lives on less than $1.25 a day (United Nations)
- Other indicators of quality of life, such as unemployment and malnutrition, are improving more slowly
- Drought, earthquake, devastating floods and conflicts have strained the economy and affected many families’ livelihood in recent years
Islamic Relief has been providing services in Pakistan since 1992. Islamic Relief Pakistan opened its first office in Islamabad in 1994 and now works from multiple offices across the country.
Islamic Relief USA uses the aid you give to support many programs in Pakistan, such as:
- Orphan sponsorship
- Direct food aid
- Humanitarian assistance to displaced families
- Business stimulus support
- Blindness prevention
- Water and sanitation development
- Women’s development programs
- …and more!